Why not Hershey, PA! Hershey has a rich history of entrepreneurship and commercialization success, as well as a robust research and development community. Pennsylvania is recognized as a leader in drug discovery, medical devices, and diagnostics. HCAR is located in the East Coast Biotechnology corridor with easy access to the major life science companies and candidates for employment. HCAR is a proud member of Pennsylvania Bio, and is known as a leader in the life science community.
Locally, the park is in close proximity to a renowned medical center, teaching hospital and research institution. HCAR maintains a collaborative relationship with Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine, which contributes to HCAR's community of business and research resources—a distinct advantage for a suburban research park.
- High quality of life with low cost of living (below national average).
- Derry Township touts a per capita income that is 40% higher than the metropolitan statistical area.
- Local average wage at end of 2005 was $51,772 for bio-medical occupations.
- Hershey High school named as one of the top 5% of public high schools in the nation by Newsweek Magazine.
- Hershey High School ranked in the top 500 of more than 18,700 public schools as one of America's Best High Schools by US News & World Report
- Inc. Magazine rated the Harrisburg area in the Top 100 Best Places to Do Business Overall (2005)
- KPMG's 2005 Study designated Harrisburg as the 10th Most Competitive Midsized City for Locating Your Business.
- Average home valued at $176,822.
- Three of the top ten employers are health-related
- Entrepreneur.com rated Harrisburg the 15th Best Midsize City in the East for Entrepreneurs.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine rated Harrisburg (13 miles from Hershey) 12th on the Top 50 Smart Places to Live
- Boomtown's '06 Hottest Midsize Cities ranked Harrisburg at #15 for Most Balanced Economy and Growth
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center ranked Top 100
- MSN Real Estate rated the Harrisburg-Carlisle area 3rd in the Most Livable Bargain Markets
A Charming & Vibrant Community
Relaxed, family-friendly rural setting with nearby urban amenities in Harrisburg
World-class amusement park and resort complex (Hershey Park)
Nationally known symphony and theatre with the finest in Broadway shows and entertainers (The Hershey Theatre)
Hershey Resort with a spa, country club and multiple golf courses
Hershey Gardens with 23 acres of floral gardens
Hershey Museum, offering a glimpse into the life of world famous businessman and philanthropist Milton S. Hershey
Giant Center, which hosts minor league hockey and basketball, as well as concerts
Penn National Race Course, which offers thoroughbred horse racing and the Hollywood Casino™
Hershey downtown revitalization with large real estate investments
Growing social scene in Harrisburg, led by 2nd Street "Restaurant Row" with more than 25 restaurants and bars within just a few blocks