Penn State Partnership
The Hershey Center for Applied Research's close relationship with Penn State University and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine opens up a world of possibilities to its tenants.
The relationship allows us to provide facilitated access to research resources and expertise, especially in the areas of research discovery, development and commercialization.
Penn State University
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine
The Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine attract approximately $100 Million dollars annually in extramural research. This research has resulted in a number of breakthrough discoveries. PSH has centers of excellence in oncology, cardiovascular diseases, virology, diabetes and medical devices. PSH offers tenants at HCAR opportunities to collaborate in research areas and provides access equipment and services at below market rates.
Penn State Hershey College of Medicine Office of Technology Development
The Office of Technology Development, located on the first floor of HCAR, facilitates university-industry collaboration, making Penn State talents and technologies available to groups that foster economic development. Works in partnership with the College of Medicine’s Research Development Office and other Penn State units. Visit their website at http://www.hmc.psu.edu/otd/.
Other Shared Amenities & Resources
- Library access— HCAR tenants have access to the George T. Harrell Library on campus using a public-user card.
- Transportation— Shuttle service runs between HCAR and the Penn State campus every ½ hour.
- Seminars/Lectures— Tenants may attend open seminars/lectures on campus.
- Dining services—A variety of dining services are available for tenants, including access to all on-campus facilities (cafeterias and cafes), vending services and catering services.
- Fitness Trail— A 7-mile walking and biking trail connects to the campus.
- Cocoa Beanery— The Beanery is located in a farmhouse on the HCAR campus and blends historic charm with modern design. Enjoy a comfortable, and upscale coffee shop with free Wi-Fi, indoor and outdoor seating and available meeting space. It's just a short walk for breakfast, lunch and food-on-the-go. Offering a variety of coffees, iced drinks, sodas, salads, sandwiches, pastries, ice cream, freshly squeezed juices and more!
Additional information at hmc.pennstatehealth.org.